The aims of the Year 8 Textiles rotation are:
To construct a decorative pillow case that includes at least 4 different techniques
To learn the techniques Batik, Tie dye, sublimation printing and Appliqué
To find out where the techniques came from and how they are used elsewhere.
The aims of the Year 9 Textiles rotation are:
- To explore different themes to inspire the design of their Ski Hat
- To contruct a Ski Hat using fleece that is unique and innovative.
- To developed sewing and patterns making skills
During the Y7 Alien Textiles project students will:
- Learn the basic skills which will allow them to use a sewing machine & other textile related equipment
- Create Applique alien faces
- Create alien sock puppets
- Learn about sustainable issues in textiles